At Northgate, we believe God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. The husband and wife are of equal worth before God, since both are created in God’s image. The marriage relationship models the way God relates to His people, and parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on Biblical truth. As such, throughout the year, our special events and services are, with a few exceptions, family-inclusive. We encourage our families to be involved with everything the church has to offer.
Whether it’s enjoying the fun times of the spring Eggstravaganza, joining a road trip to pick apples or coming in on a Saturday to pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, at Northgate Baptist, it’s always a family affair!
- To provide opportunities and activities for women to develop and grow in spiritual maturity such that their daily walk with Christ will be meaningful, fulfilling, and productive.
- To equip women with information to mentor and minister to other women within the body of Christ.
- To assist women in determining and developing individual spiritual gifts such that women will be able to serve others inside/outside the church in Christ’s name.
- To coordinate with Woman’s Missionary Union (WMU) to provide opportunities to increase participation in Mission outreach.
- To reach outward to the community through various activities to invite, introduce and disciple women to become part of the body of Christ.
- Hands On Missions Everywhere (HOME) – Meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00pm in the Summit Lighthouse. Contact Almena Simon for more information.
- Women Who Pray (WWP) – Meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm in the Summit Lighthouse. Contact Linda Hardesty for more information.
- Nan Herring Group – Meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 10:00am in the Fellowship Hall at Northgate Baptist Church. Contact Runette Sweatman for more information.
- Mission of the Heart – Meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall at Northgate Baptist Church. Contact Runette Sweatman for more information.
Additionally, various Bible Studies, Conferences, and Social Activities are available through out the year and are announced in the Bulletin and Gatepost.
At Northgate, our Senior Adults are an immensely treasured group of people. Grass has little time to grow under the feet of these loyal servants, as they’re just as likely to be seen running face-painting tables at the Fall Festival or working with children during VBS as they are taking part in traditional senior ministries like JOY Club or singing in the choir.
We offer several different classes for seniors, including a few co-ed classes, and they’re among the most active groups in the church!
You must be logged in to post a comment.