Dear Northgate Baptist Church Members and Friends:
March 19, 2020–We are in the midst of an unprecedented crisis in the life of God’s church at Northgate. The coronavirus pandemic has caused great concern here in Greenville and all around the world. President Trump, Governor McMaster, the CDC, and SC DHEC have asked us to suspend congregational worship until further notice. This is wise leadership. Though the coronavirus might not be life threatening to healthy individuals, healthy individuals can carry and transmit the virus to those who are at risk, exposing them to potential life threatening disease. Limiting our group size to ten limits our exposure to others and thus may save lives. For your safety and the safety of others, please do not attend group gatherings of more than ten people unless it is absolutely necessary. Please remember:
- Be careful to remain at home if you feel sick.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often (at least 20 seconds with soap and water).
- Cover your cough.
- Do not shake hands or hug.
- Remain six feet away from others.
Northgate is committed to doing our part to slow the spread of this virus. Therefore we are suspending congregational worship on Sundays and Wednesdays, but this does not mean that we will not have church!! Beginning Sunday, March 22 at 10:45, we will have online only worship via live streaming through Northgate’s Facebook page as well as our YouTube channel. Carefully type or paste this link into your computer browser save/bookmark it. Visit that link to watch the live service at 10:45am on Sundays. You do NOT need a Facebook account to view Northgate’s worship services; simply click “Not Now” when prompted to create an account. Also, you can find the past week (and past years’) services anytime.
Of course, online worship prohibits one of the most meaningful times in worship–the physical giving of our tithes and offerings during the worship service. There are several other ways we can give our tithes and offerings to the Lord through His church at Northgate:
- Bring the Lord’s tithe and offering to the church office Monday through Friday (office closes at noon on Fridays).
- Mail the Lord’s tithe and offering to Northgate Baptist Church, 633 Summit Drive, Greenville, SC 29609.
- Use the online bill pay option through your bank (carefully follow your bank’s instructions when setting up Northgate Baptist Church as a payee).
- To make giving the Lord’s tithe and offerings even easier, we will soon begin ONLINE GIVING through Northgate’s website. This option should be available within the next two weeks. Look for more information soon.
Finally, this crisis presents an incredible opportunity for us to witness to others through our faith in Jesus Christ. We’re faithful, not fearful!
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV).
God has a purpose (probably many purposes) for this crisis. Though I’m not excited about this virus, I am excited about what God will do through it! Jesus Christ is Lord! Through our faithful stewardship, He will bear much fruit through His followers as a result of this crisis.
Remember, the church office is open:
- You may reach me by email or by phone at 864-242-3805 (office) or 864-320-9076 (mobile).
- Minister of Youth and Education, Barry Agnew, Jr. is available via email or phone at 864-242-3805 (office) or 864-867-9548 (mobile).
- Worship Leader, Dennis Page is available via email or phone at 864-242-3805 (office) or 912-660-8029 (mobile).
We are praying for you!!!
Blessings in Jesus,