On Wednesday, August 30, Northgate Baptist Church voted to begin extensive and much needed renovations of the church facilities. This is an exciting time in the life of God’s church at Northgate!
The project will include exterior renovations of all of the church’s buildings. Roofs will be replaced, trim will be repaired, and the steeple will be restored. Parking lot, driveway, and walkway renovations will also take place. Broken curbs will be replaced, parking lots will be sealed and striped, and new secure lighting in the parking lot will be provided.
The facility’s heating and air conditioning systems will be replaced, requiring extensive demolition. Ceilings will need to be removed and replaced. Electrical work will be needed. Painting will be required. For those yet to be born again in Jesus Christ and receive believer’s baptism, the great new is that a new baptismal heater will be installed!!!!
And there’s more:
- The interior of the sanctuary will also receive much needed renovations. There will be new paint, new floor coverings, new seat coverings for chairs and pews, and new lighting as needed.
- The fellowship hall will be renovated!! We are getting new carpet and wall coverings in the fellowship hall!!! The woodwork will be refurbished. New paint will be provided where needed. Ceiling tiles will be replaced, and the lighting will be upgraded to LED!
- All of the restrooms throughout the church will be renovated! New fixtures, floors, finishes, and other needed restroom items will replace the old!
- The preschool and children’s areas will be renovated with new floor coverings, paint, ceilings, and lighting!!
- The educational space will receive a makeover! New floor covering, paint and ceilings will be provided!
- The gymnasium will be renovated! New heating units will be installed and new wall dampers (levers to allow bad air out and good air in) will be mounted. The floor will be refinished. The walls and seating area will receive fresh coats of paint. A new ceiling and new lights will be installed, as well.
- The kitchen will be fitted with a new heating and air conditioning system, and ceiling tiles will be replaced.
BUT….all of this depends upon God’s grace through our faithfulness in giving above and beyond our tithes! The work will be performed in order of priority determined by building professionals. There will be a time soon when we will act; until then, we pray, pray and then pray some more!
“Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?” – Haggai 1:4, NKJV.